Tuesday, March 12, 2013

More plane pain - corrections


Here are a few mistakes from the letters of complaint. Can you try and rewrite these sentences to make them better. Clues are register (formal - informal, particularly the passive) and using adjectives to simplify.


  • We had problems in both flights. These problems were the same in both flights we think it may not be a coincidence
  • I am writing to you to complain about an extremely disappointing situation I had to suffer when I travelled with your flight company last Christmas holiday.
  • Nevertheless, the worst thing was when the aircraft landed in Mexico and I found out that your company had lost my luggage.
  • I became completely worried and angry when I found out that both of my suitcases were nowhere to be seen after having landed at the airport for the first time. Unfortunately, it happened exactly the same two weeks later in the last flight I took.
  • Furthermore, despite having notified my!! this to the person in charge of this sort of problems, I did not receive my bags until several days later; which I find totally unacceptable

No comments:

Post a Comment