Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Two and a Half Men reporting verbs


Below is a presentation of how reporting verbs work in English. If you are feeling confident that you know all about this topic complete the sentence transformations below. If not scroll down for the presentation. Thanks.

     1,   'I am the greatest.' said Ali.

     Boast

     Ali _____________________ the greatest.

     2.  'I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse' said the Godfather.

     Threaten

     The Godfather _____________________ an offer he couldn't refuse.

     3. Don't underestimate Chelsea they might beat Barcelona.

     Warn

     He __________ the students not to underestimate BCN.

     4. You guys mustn't go near him I think he's dangerous.

     Warn

     He ___________________  not to go near him, as he was dangerous.

       5. 'Shall I compare thee[you, but an old fashioned way of saying usted in English] to    a summer's day.'

       Suggest

      Shakespeare ____________________ the fair lady to a summer's day.

       6. I know you're not sure but you definitely should go and see San Fernando's Tomb.

       Persuade

      He ______________________ go and see San Fernando's Tomb.

     7. I'm frightened about my exam said Jose.

      Admit

     Jose _________________ frightened about his exam.

     8. If you don't give me money I'll betray you.

      Threaten

     The snitch __________________ the man.

     9. 'I wish I wasn't doing this on my day off.'

       Complain

       David ____________________ on his day off.

       10. 'I am really tired now.'

       Admit

      He ___________________ really tired.




No comments:

Post a Comment